Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pre-Halloween Fun

We enjoyed lots of different Pre-Halloween activities this past week. On Tuesday night, we went to a Trunk or Treat at the church that was also our old daycare. We had lots of fun seeing our old friends and teachers!


IMG_2204IMG_2206IMG_2211IMG_2212


There were lots of fun activities and games for the kids!


IMG_2214IMG_2215IMG_2216IMG_2218IMG_2231IMG_2239


Friday, our daycare had a fall party in the morning so they asked the kids to come in costume. Alyssa got to pick what she wanted to be (out of the several costumes we have at home in her size) and she wanted to be the bat that day.


IMG_2248


Saturday morning, we carved our pumpkins and then we had our friends Jamie and Meghan come over in the early afternoon to do some Halloween crafts which really turned into just crafts and painting!


311372_2645919947341_1235914743_3625024_392544585_n311775_2645918587307_1235914743_3625022_590124355_n392371_2645919507330_1235914743_3625023_124270905_n


And while we didn’t let Jacob paint on his own like the older girls, I did have him help me with one of the paintings and I think it turned out really cute!


IMG_2284


Then other friends came over to watch the football games (or Tangled) and hang out which was a lot of fun.


391795_2645920707360_1235914743_3625026_2040300999_n


Sunday we had a lazy day at home but did some Halloween related activities. Alyssa had requested to make pumpkin seeds since her teacher at daycare had made some previously and brought them for the class. So with my little chef helping me, we baked some yummy pumpkin seeds that we’re still enjoying!


IMG_2249IMG_2251IMG_2254


I wanted to send treats for the kids’ classes so for Alyssa’s class, I made some ghost lollipops!


IMG_2252


I didn’t want to give Jacob’s room candy, so I found some cute pretzel bags from Target and wrapped them up in black and orange tissue paper. Perfect!


IMG_2257IMG_2259


Lastly, my work was having a potluck lunch for Halloween so I finally had a chance to make the candy corn bark I’ve been eyeing in the past and have also seen on Pinterest. Let me just say that by the end of the day on Monday, it was all gone!


IMG_2262

No comments:

Post a Comment