Monday, October 3, 2011

September Summary

Yes, I am a terrible blogger lately! September was a super crazy month and I'm just now finding time to catch up. Yes, I will try to do better but I make no promises whatsoever! The year just seems to keep flying by - how is it October already?

There is definitely stuff I want to take the time to blog about but for now you'll have to make do with the summary of the month. Hopefully that will suffice! :)

I just finally finished the blog for Labor Day weekend. After Labor Day, I was busy with work, studying for an exam for an insurance designation, training for my first 5K and getting ready for a special princess's 3 year old birthday!
Alyssa decided that she wanted a princess party this year. Since there were just as many boys, we agreed to have a princess AND pirate party. More details to come later on our fun and exciting party!The following weekend, we had another birthday to celebrate - our neighbor CJ turned 4! Alyssa and CJ have so much fun together and now are in the same class at the same school. More to come on this as well.

Following CJ's birthday party, I took Alyssa to her first movie theater movie - The Lion King. We went with Olivia and Kristi and Alyssa definitely enjoyed the popcorn and sprite! I think she may have been worn out by CJ's birthday party, the dark movie theater and a full belly of popcorn because she made it through over half of the movie but eventually fell asleep hard in my lap! LOL. Oh well - we had fun and she keeps talking about the movie so we'll go to another movie soon I'm sure! And we had some fun girl time shopping afterwards.





The next day, I had my first 5K to run in the Vista. While I could have trained a little better, I still ran it (well the majority of it) and finished in 38 minutes (12 minute miles)....not too bad...considering it was my first race and I absolutely despise running!



I've learned to like running just a tiny tiny little bit and was glad that I decided to run a race. I even got to hang out with friends at the Viva La Vista festival that afternoon.




But the rest of the month was spent studying, studying and more studying. I had one last exam to pass in order to obtain my RHU (Registered Health Underwriter) designation and these courses are self study so I was studying like crazy trying to learn all of this information in the midst of everything else. I passed my test this past week so I was giddy with excitement after all the craziness of the month! (I guess I could have taken a picture of my book and put it here but after I passed, I haven't touched the book since and have no desire to!!!) :) So just pretend there is an insurance book with most pages completely highlighted yellow right here!


With the test behind me, I went with Jamie to the USC/Auburn game and tailgated early in the morning - celebrating with mimosas (or beermosas for some) and football. Despite the USC loss, we had a great day and Greg survived watching our two kids + Meghan for 12 hours. And since the football game was on the 1st of October - I guess I'm done with my September recap! Ready for fall and Halloween festivities. Hope everyone is doing well and I hope you'll hear from me soon!!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment