share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYuWrFq0ctG16
Here are the highlights from the trip (and still a TON of pictures):
Greg had a work trip in Orlando so Alyssa and I decided to tag along for a mini vacation. We left Thursday evening out of Charlotte. I was a little worried since it was Alyssa's first airplane trip (and Greg and I both are not good flyers), but luckily both flights (there and back) were around or after her bedtime so she fussed for 2 seconds, I gave her a bottle and she was asleep before takeoff and slept the entire flight. We arrived in Orlando late Thursday, took the shuttle to the airport and by the time we got settled in our room, Alyssa was wide awake.
We had to wait for a crib for our room, so we let Alyssa crawl sit and crawl around. Finally, we all went to bed after an exhausting night.
Friday morning, we woke up and took a shuttle to Epcot. Since we really only had one day for all three of us, we figured we only had time to go to one theme park. I went back and forth deciding between Disney Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but since Alyssa is so young and wouldn't be able to ride much, I figured Epcot would be a better choice. Plus, I'd want to take her (and her younger brother/sister) to Disney when they are older and could enjoy it more. We got to Epcot mid-morning and spent the entire day walking around.
EPCOT!
Happy girl ready for the day:
We rode many of the slow moving rides. First was Nemo - Alyssa was unsure about the clam ride but seemed to really enjoy the aquarium.

We walked around the park stopping in a lot of the indoor areas to get some air conditioning. After a while, we decided to get some food. We walked over to the United Kingdom where apparently you can get a beer before noon but you can't get lunch! :) So here's my favorite picture of Greg:
We got some fish and chips and went on our way. Saw the rest of the countries and some of the characters. Alyssa was not amused at meeting Donald Duck. I don't have those pictures on my camera but here's the link to the Disney Photo Pass (photographers that take pictures around the park for you, then provide a link where you can buy the photos). The link is only good for a month so if you're reading this a month after I post, the link will probably not be available. I love the look on her face:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoshareviewer.aspx?share=e6ddc983-c21e-4bf3-b71a-23cc6cae86a0
(Apparently the share link is not working...my login and password is: meej1028@hotmail.com (login) and password (password))
A few more highlights from Epcot:













And of course we had to get some mouse ears for Alyssa:

On Saturday, Greg had a conference all day so Alyssa and I walked around the hotel all day. The hotel was a pretty neat place with a lot to see and cute shops to walk through. We started out the day at the pool:





The pool was nice because it was one of those edgeless pools where Alyssa could sit and splash and crawl around. After the pool, we went back to our room to pack up and check out. The bellhop held our luggage while we walked around the shops, toured the hotel, saw some turtles and alligators, ate some lunch, sat around people watching, ate ice cream, and lounged while waiting for Greg to get out of his conference. Here are some pictures from the hotel. Most of these pictures are taken inside the hotel.








After Greg was done with his conference, we took the shuttle back to the airport and flew home. Greg decided to take this lovely picture to remember the flight:
We drove home from the Charlotte airport and went to bed. A quick but great mini-vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment