Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread House/Cookie Decorating Playdate

We had some friends come over to decorate gingerbread houses and some sugar cookies.  I will totally admit that I bought the cookie dough (with coupons!) but Alyssa and I did roll them out and cut them with Christmas cookie cutters.  We put our matching aprons on and got to work!IMG_2604IMG_2608IMG_2610

We baked them and let them cool while waiting for our friends.  Patrick was the first to arrive and brought over some tongue tattoos that the kids had fun with.IMG_2612IMG_2613

While waiting for everyone to arrive, we let the kids decorate cookies with icing and sprinkles.  Quite a mess but so much fun!

IMG_2619IMG_2621

When all the kids arrived, we started on the gingerbread houses.  The kids had fun alternating between decorating and stuffing candy in their faces.

IMG_2625IMG_2627IMG_2633IMG_2639IMG_2640IMG_2641

Our gingerbread house – a little abstract but cute nonetheless!

IMG_2649

Our gingerbread neighborhood!

IMG_2653IMG_2655

After we finished decorating, the kids played and ate some pizza.  It was a great playdate – thanks to everyone who came over – we had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment