We had a lot of fun this past weekend. Greg's mom and sister and nephew came in to town on Friday to see us. Friday night, we went over to Greg's cousin Stephanie's house (Stephanie goes to USC) for dinner since Stephanie's parents and Greg's grandparents were in town as well. We all had a nice dinner and the kids played for a while before we headed back up to the Northeast.
Saturday was a busy day. We went to Sandhills in the morning and walked around until lunchtime where we all had a nice lunch at Moe's. Alyssa is getting more personality every day. Aunt Kiki took her and Ezra to the Teddy Mountain Store (like Build-A-Bear) and she immediately picked the pink unicorn and said it's name was Zoe. (I later looked online and there is a brand of toy that has a pink unicorn named Zoe so I think someone at school must have it...for her to pinpoint a name and animal like that. When the lady was stuffing Zoe, Alyssa looked up at the machine and said "That's cool!" What a crazy girl! Thank you Aunt Kiki for Zoe - Alyssa loves her! Then it was back home for nap time which I think almost everyone took advantage of. I went to the grocery store and came back to find EVERYONE asleep! :) Then Greg ran some errands with Vicki, Alyssa and Ezra while I prepped some of the food for the next day. That night, Greg & I got a treat - a night out for our 6th anniversary! Greg's mom and sister watched the kids and put them to bed while Greg and I went out for a nice dinner. It's very rare these days that we go anywhere without the kids!
On Sunday, we all woke up fairly early to make it to the zoo. We found that there were 2 new baby flamingos (Alyssa's favorite)that we got to see.
Another favorite thng to do at the zoo is feed the giraffes which Ezra enjoyed.


As many times as we've been to the zoo, I never get too many pictures of Alyssa with the "animals" but this time we got one with the elephant. It scared me though because as soon as I set Alyssa on the elephant, she let go of the ears and started bouncing up and down while I was trying to get a picture!
Alyssa holding hands with her big cousin.

Jacob has taken to sucking his thumb instead of a pacifier now so this is him at the zoo! :)
Later that night, we had many friends over for a playdate and for dinner. I tried out some korean recipes since I don't cook that much korean food and made some sushi. It all turned out pretty yummy and I was glad! :)
As many times as we've been to the zoo, I never get too many pictures of Alyssa with the "animals" but this time we got one with the elephant. It scared me though because as soon as I set Alyssa on the elephant, she let go of the ears and started bouncing up and down while I was trying to get a picture!
Later that night, we had many friends over for a playdate and for dinner. I tried out some korean recipes since I don't cook that much korean food and made some sushi. It all turned out pretty yummy and I was glad! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment