Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adjusting to Change

So you may already know but we've moved the kids to a new daycare (again) and Alyssa finally made the move last Thursday. We loved the center we were at but with two kids and a bunch of other factors, we thought this would be the best decision for our family. I will miss our old center though - here's my favorite picture of Alyssa with her "boyfriend" Hunter who she still names (along with her other boyfriends) when I ask her who she played with. The picture was taken a few months ago.


But she is now at daycare with her BFF Olivia (again). One of the things about the new center is that Mommy has to make lunch for Alyssa every day (so if anyone has any toddler lunch ideas, let me know...I seem to resort back to the same things over and over again). This was a good excuse to get Alyssa a new lunchbox and backpack that I had been eyeing. After talking to one of my friends who had just ordered one for her daughter (Thanks Kristina!), I went for the sale and free shipping and ordered Alyssa a matching set with her name embroidered on it. Alyssa loved it as soon as we got it in the mail and had to carry them around.



Alyssa seems to be transitioning well in her new room and most days has paint or marker on her face/clothes/you name it. :)


She looks like such a little person walking into the house with her bag and cup.
Still can't believe how fast they grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! She looks cute with her matching set! I am in the same boat as you with having to pack breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Sydney doesn't care for these, but Alyssa might: The uncrustables? They make PB&J and Grilled Cheese sandwiches that can be heated up?

    Also, I buy popcorn chicken bites that they heat up for her and those small cans of veggies--I put those in small tupperware containers. Sometimes I will make her a turkey and cheese sandwich and cut off the crusts and cut the rest into small squares for her to eat on Water Day when they picnic lunch outside after.

    Also, a lot of the snacks are being made in mini-sizes now: Fig Newton minis (contain real fruit)), Ritz Bits crackers, and mini Teddy Grahams.

    And if I've not got any chicken leftovers or feeling pressed for time--I just pack her a Gerber graduates lunch!

    ReplyDelete