Alyssa is at a really fun age right now where she's great entertainment and we love to play with her. She's gets super excited when she sees me come in her daycare room to pick her up and does this bouncy dance with her head. She's also very content just playing on the floor with her toys and can entertain herself for a pretty good while. I was on the computer earlier tonight and she was sitting on the floor near me with her toys when she all of a sudden got the giggles and started laughing and looking at me and clapping. I couldn't help but to laugh along with her. She's also getting a lot better at tummy time and scooting back. She doesn't go very far but at least it's progress! :) She's also been rolling over alot lately but only from tummy to back and can only do it from one side so far. Daycare has said she's rolled over for a while now but I hadn't seen it with my own eyes until this past weekend.
We had a very busy holiday weekend. Saturday, Alyssa, "Aunt Kitty" and I went shopping for most of the afternoon seeing what Memorial Day sales we could take advantage of. Afterwards, we went home and had a quiet evening with "Aunt Kitty" who hung out with us. On Sunday, we took a daytrip to the Stephen and Joan's lakehouse (Greg's family) and Alyssa had a great day. She got to see her other cousins and everytime they ran by, Alyssa would get so excited to see them. It seemed like she had a lot of fun playing with family and playing with toys on the floor - even being good while we were down at the dock by the lake. Mommy had fun going out on the jet ski while Alyssa hung out with Daddy and family and when I got back to the dock, Alyssa was sound asleep on Aunt Kiki. We had great fun and a great dinner and then headed back to Columbia for the night. Alyssa even had a fresh cooked green bean to "chew" on during dinner and loved it! Sunday, we took it easy and ran a few errands and cleaned our house - or at least began to clean our house! :)
Here are some pictures from the lake on Sunday:
Aunt Kiki making Alyssa laugh:
"Aunt Kiki - you're so funny!!"
Now, all ready for some sun...
Now playing with her cousins... 

In her travel high chair that we used for the first time.
She shares well too! :)

Alyssa is still a great eater (as I'm sure you can obviously tell!) and her favorite still seems to be green vegetables (green beans, peas) but she really likes her yogurt and fruit too. We haven't done any meats yet but I think we'll start that this month. We were giving her puffs (little puffed finger foods) but she still can't quite grasp them as well as she would like so Gigi suggested wagon wheels (which are the same as puffs just bigger in a wagon wheel shape) and Alyssa loves them. I'll have to post pictures next time but she puts these in her mouth until they become soggy and then breaks off a huge chunk. She's also doing well with her sippy cup (at least one of them - we've tried all the different kinds) so I ran out to the store and bought several of that kind.




No comments:
Post a Comment