Thursday, May 21, 2009

Clapping and Crawling



Note: I am only holding the camera to take this video and did not make any clapping motions - just said the words.

Just a quick entry before the long weekend.

Alyssa learned how to clap on Tuesday (as noted in the previous entry) and by the next day, she began to clap when we said the word. I asked the Miss Veronica (the lady in Alyssa's daycare room) if she had seen Alyssa's new trick and she asked what that was. I said "Alyssa can clap now" and as soon as I said it, Alyssa started to clap. Miss Veronica and I looked at each other and she was like "Alyssa understood you!" I was a little skeptical at first so I said, "Alyssa, can you clap" when we got in the car - and wouldn't you know, she clapped!

Now, crawling on the other hand is a different story. Alyssa still has no real motivation to crawl but we still practice. Today, she scooted back so she can sort of go backwards but no forward movement progress has been made yet. We'll still work on it though!

1 comment:

  1. holy crap your baby is cute. i think my head is going to explode. for real.

    <3, sarah

    ReplyDelete