Thursday, November 3, 2011

Alyssa’s 3 year check-up

So yeah, I’m apparently still a clueless mom sometimes! When our pediatrician said that Alyssa didn’t need any shots until age 4, I just assumed that meant he didn’t need to see her until she was 4 for a well visit. LOL! After talking with some friends and calling the office, I took Alyssa to the doctor today for her 3 year old check up. Only a month and a half late….not too bad, right? I also took this opportunity to schedule Alyssa and Jacob’s flu shot/mist.


I picked up both kids from school right after nap time. Jacob was happy to see me but I think he was a little upset that I was picking him up before he got his after nap snack! I gave the kids a snack in the car and we were off to the pediatrician’s office.


The kids did really well at the doctor’s office with very little drama! Our pediatrician asked Alyssa a bunch of questions and just talked to her for a little while before he checked her ears, nose & throat – all good! Even Jacob who usually cries as soon as he sees the doctor was in a great mood and laughing….probably because the doctor was checking Alyssa and not him.


So here are Alyssa’s 3 year stats:


She is 35.5 inches tall (13th percentile) – Is this a surprise to anyone???? :)


She weighs 32 pounds (58th percentile)


The only other things they did was take her blood pressure which was 88/48 and take some hemoglobin for an iron count (12.5) and the doctor was happy with her stats.


After her check up, the nurse came in and gave Alyssa her flu mist and took her finger prick for the hemoglobin check and Alyssa didn’t even flinch. What a big girl! Even Jacob cheered for his sister. Next up – Jacob who cried since he had to get a flu shot but just for a minute and then he was done. Both kids did great!


I hear that there are some big immunizations at 4 years so I’ll be sure to remember to schedule that well visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment