Sunday, August 7, 2011

Halfway to Two!!!

Another month has flown by and now it's August! Which means Jacob is now 18 months old!!! What??? How did that happen??? We went to Atlanta this past weekend to visit family and the next thing I know, it's August 1. Jacob is saying more and more each day and growing (for a few months, he had a dry spell it seems but now he's back on track). Also a little later on his walking than most...but I can finally say THE BOY CAN WALK! He went from no steps to 10 steps this past weekend. Now he's still only walking part-time...but I'm sure he'll get to full-time in a hurry!

Words J says: Hi, Bye, Mommy, Daddy, Doggie, Toodles, Di-ssa (Alyssa), Thank-um and welcome, ball, oh yeah, baby, diaper, beep beep, snack, more, please, up, no, bath, book, milk, nap, bam bam, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

This past week, I decided it was finally time after seeing the pictures in Atlanta......


It was time to take Jacob to get his first haircut!



It had gotten so long and with all the curls, I didn't know what to do with it. So I took Jacob to Walgreens and stocked up on some snacks and lollipops before heading to Sports clips.


The ladies there were very nice and we decided that Jacob would do better sitting in my lap....but I realized I didn't know how I was going to capture his first hair cut and thought of taking pictures in the mirror but the lady that cut Jacob's hair asked another worker to take some pictures so that was great! We got a before shot:


I LOVE this next picture because this is SO Jacob....he's very cautious about everything and you can tell he's thinking what in the world is going on???He definitely had his moments but for the most part did really well. By the end, he was just doing his fake cry and the lady said that he was pretty good considering....and that there have been much worse! Everytime he got upset, he'd just shove the lollipop further into his mouth! LOL


Then before you knew it, we were all done! When I saw the finished 'do, I almost cried because Jacob looked SO much older and I wanted my baby back! Definitely looking like a little boy now! I'm looking forward to what this little boy is going to be up to as he makes his way to two but a little sad at the same time because he's no longer a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment