Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Having fun

This past weekend we got a treat. My sorority sister Dana and her husband Dan came to stay with us for the weekend on their way to Atlanta because Dan had a Scrabble tournament near our house. They came in on Friday night and while the kids were in bed, Dana and I had fun catching up on the good times and updating each other on what's been going on since it had been a while since we've seen each other. Saturday, Dan had his tournament which just happened to be in the shopping center that we frequent a lot so Dana and I took Jacob out to Sandhills while Alyssa napped at home with Daddy. I think we walked around the entire shopping center just about. We shopped, had lunch with Dan and then walked around some more before heading back home and playing with Alyssa for the rest of the afternoon. Alyssa loved Dana and Dan - Dana fed Alyssa snacks and played with her (knows exactly how to get Alyssa to love her) and Dan read books before bedtime. I wanted to take some pictures but everytime I thought about it, I was busy with the baby.


Sunday we had a lazy day at home playing with Dana before she went to pick up Dan and head to Atlanta. We had such a great time with you guys - thanks for coming to visit and you are welcome back anytime!


The weather this week is incredible!! It's so nice and warm outside that Daddy has been taking Alyssa outside after work every day. Now that it's warm, the neighborhood kids are out and Alyssa gets to play with some of the neighbors. The other day, we walked over a few houses to our neighbors who have two girls (ages 2 and a half and 9 months). The 2 and a half year old girl (Sarah) was hiding plastic Easter eggs in her front yard then finding them and putting them in her basket. Alyssa walked over and helped her put the plastic eggs in the basket which turned into Sarah hiding them and Alyssa finding them. It was really cute. Again, I didn't have my camera! Alyssa also really liked Sarah's doll stroller....so much that she tried to take it home. She was NOT happy when we told her she couldn't have it because it was Sarah's.


Daddy did surprise Alyssa with something new though one day this week after work. He bought some sidewalk chalk and showed Alyssa how to use it. She'd been drawing with bathtub crayons on the tub wall so she took to the chalk well.



No comments:

Post a Comment