Thursday, November 19, 2009

Daddy Daughter Weekend

This past weekend Daddy and Alyssa got to spend some quality time together while Mommy went to Atlanta by herself to go to a baby shower for my sorority sister, Kelly, who is having triplets and to pick up the crib from Greg's sister (thanks for letting us borrow it Vicki!!). While it was a nice break to be by myself Saturday and Sunday, I really missed Alyssa and Greg by the time I got back late Sunday night. I was hoping to make it back before Alyssa went to bed but didn't quite make it. Daddy and Alyssa had a lot of fun I hear though so I'm glad they got to hang out together.


We got to spend some girl time together on Monday night though. Daddy went to the USC basketball game after work so I picked Alyssa up from daycare after work and we went to Home Depot together to pick out a paint color for Baby Boy's room. Since he's going in the nursery, we decided to keep the light green above the chair rail and just change the pink below the chair rail. We ended up picking a tan/brown color (Peanut Butter by Behr) and waited while we got the paint mixed. Alyssa was getting antsy at this point and the only thing that entertained her was the singing Christmas moose so I must have pressed the button like 6 times (sorry Home Depot Paint people....I know they were getting tired of hearing it!) After we got our paint, we picked up dinner at Moe's and headed home since I knew Alyssa was starving by this point but I kept handing her a tortilla chip in the car and she was very happy! :) Alyssa always loves eating what I'm eating so we shared a streaker burrito and some chips. Apparently she was not happy when I dipped my chip in some queso and didn't do the same to hers because she immediately started pointing and making a face until I dipped her chip in the queso and gave it to her. She ate it and went "mmmmmmm" every time! Haha...her personality is coming out more and more each day. Afterwards, we did the usual bath routine then played with toys and cuddled with Dylan until bedtime.


Alyssa has gotten a lot braver this week too with her standing and taking steps. She gets too excited though after a few steps and lunges forward so we're still working on it. Her new favorite word (which is not necessarily a new word) is "up" because we've been trying to teach her to say that when she wants to be picked up instead of crying. Well, she can definitely say "UP" now and it's not a request...it's a command! :)

Lots more going on but wanted to give a quick update since it's been a while since I posted. Time seems to be flying by and I can't seem to catch up! Promise to update more soon and post pictures...until then, hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment